July 8, 2007
And speaking of bread…
We may not be able to find plastic-free pitas, but here in the Bay Area are a whole slew of bakeries that deliver their bread fresh to grocery stores, wrapped only in paper. Here’s a list. All of these breads can be found at Berkeley Bowl, and many of them are at Whole Foods, too. Click an image to view the company’s site:
Bread Workshop in Berkeley
And of course bagels are sold in bins with no wrapping at all.
I’m going to have more to say about Berkeley Bowl later, but I just had bread on my brain tonight after the pita party, and it’s nice to appreciate some nice things we can get easily without plastic. Those who live in the Bay Area are very fortunate. I don’t know if people have access to this kind of fresh bread in other parts of the country.
A Note about leaving comments: I switched to the LifeFyre comment system because it weeds out the hundreds of spam comments I was getting each day and also allows us to respond to individual comments, to "Like" comments, and to link them to social media if we so desire. But if you do not wish to login via social media, you don't have to. You can comment without logging in! Here's how:
- Type your comment in the box.
- Click "Post Comment As" button.
- When the LiveFyre box pops up, type a name, email address, and optional website address in the fields provided.
- Click Next.
- LiveFyre will ask you for a user name and password. But if you don't want to register or use a password, you don't have to. Just click "Post as Guest" which is to the left of the black "Finish" button. Your comment will be saved.
- Please email me if you have questions or problems. This new system is supposed to make it easier for all of us to converse, not harder.