This post will be short because I want to get in a review of the Blogher Conference before retiring to the woods for my vision fast. So, here’s the tally:
Plastic items used this week but purchased before the plastic project began:
- 1 Ziploc bag. I’ve been using this bag for over a year, and finally it has a big hole in it and needs to retire. I’ve been using it to store bread, so far not having found a plastic-free way to keep bread fresh. I buy local bread that comes in a paper bag (like Acme Bread or Grace Baking Co) and then put the paper-wrapped bread into the Ziploc bag. Note to self: Ziploc bags and kitchen knives do not get along well together in the sink.
And the new plastic waste:
- 1 outer wrapper from a case of Instinct canned cat food.
- Tag hanger from a new broom. The rest of the broom is entirely plastic free. Check out the way I carried it home. Remind you of anyone?
- 1 Refresh Endura single use eye drop container.
- Blogher Conference name tag. Another piece of plastic that could have been avoided. I had planned to attend today’s Sunday session of the conference, at which I would have returned the name badge holder to be used again. Instead, I was too tired and stayed home today, so I have no way to return it. Ah well.
More on the conference in the next post.