This will be a quick one. Trying to fit a million activities into this week and not much time to post here. But I have a lot of info to write about in the coming weeks, so please bear with me!
All my plastic waste for last week was new.
- BalanceIt bottle, cap, & scoops. This is the supplement I buy to add to my homemade cat food. This bottle lasted a little over two months. Compare this to the 21 cans and plastic shrink wrap we were going through each week, and I’m sure you’ll agree it’s a much better alternative. And the kitties still love the homemade food as much as they did in October. For the past two weeks, I’ve substituted cooked pumpkin for the sweet potato, since we had a pumpkin in our house that needed to be used in some way, and they seem to like it just as much. Pumpkin does make for a wetter food.
- Plastic packing tape & shipping label pocket from the shipment of new BalanceIt supplement. I ordered four bottles this time to save on shipping materials and costs. Shouldn’t need to order again until September.
- Foam security seal from new bottle of BalanceIt.
- Plastic shipping label pocket from another Skoy cloth delivery. The original box was missing a couple of cloths, so these were sent separately. I guess I should have specified no plastic on the outside of the envelope. If you order from Skoy, perhaps you could include a note requesting no plastic UPS or mailing label pocket or plastic tape.
- 1 piece of plastic from the ends of a bunch of organic bananas. Unavoidable in these parts.
- 2 plastic envelope windows. ING Direct — sending my new debit card — and payment from Share-a-Sale for blog advertising. I have since requested payment via PayPal to avoid these envelopes in the future.
How has 2009 treated you so far? I’m excited for the possibilities!