Here’s the weekly tally. But please read down to the bottom of the page. I have an Announcement, a Survey, and a Discount Coupon for you.
Plastic used this week but purchased before the plastic project began:
- 1 bottle of Gulden’s spicy brown mustard. Wow. We’ve had this one for a long, long time. And as I wrote in my last post, I’m going to replace it with homemade mustard so as to avoid a new bottle. Will post the recipe and photos when it’s done! Oh, and no lid included in the tally because while the container is plastic, its lid is metal. It will go in with my metal recycling.
New plastic waste:
- Spectrum canola oil pull tab & neck wrapper. The bottle of canola oil is glass. The cap and wrapper are plastic.
- Frontier Fair Trade Vanilla bottle label. The bottle is glass but the label is totally plastic.
- Plastic tag hanger from a new set of metal measuring spoons.
- Bandaid from pricked finger.
- 4 plastic envelope windows. ING Direct, Safeco Insurance, credit card company, and Financial West Group. I think I’ve been doing a pretty good job of removing myself from mailing lists, but these still linger.
Now, for the promised announcements and survey.
First, Anarres Natural Health forwarded me info on a Candadian television documentary, Forever Plastic, which will be broadcast by the CBC on Thursday January 15, 2009 at 9 pm on CBC-TV and then repeating on Saturday January 17, 2009 at 10 pm PT on CBC Newsworld. It looks like a fantastic show. Unfortunately, it seems to only be available to Canadians. Those of us outside Canada cannot even view it via the web site. Any Canadian Fake Plastic Fish readers care to watch and report back?
And finally, To-Go Ware is offering a 40% discount coupon to everyone who completes their customer opinion survey. To-Go Ware is a company that makes stainless steel to-go containers and bamboo to-go cutlery. I have both of their products and love them. They plan to expand their line, and they want your input on what types of containers are important to you. This is your chance to ask for what you want.
For example, although I generally don’t store food in plastic containers, I am still using my plastic Tupperware square sandwich container because nothing else works as well for sandwiches. I let To-Go Ware know that I would love to replace it with a square stainless steel version. What’s important to you? Are you looking for freezer containers? Insulated containers? Different sizes or shapes? Please weigh in and let them know.
The survey is somewhat lengthy, but the payoff is the 40% discount coupon code at the end: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=NLyXitOvZpYirlz6BX3Osg_3d_3d