It’s the final week of Plastic Free July, and BALM! Baby, a company that packages the majority of its personal care products without plastic, wants to reward everyone who participated by giving away crazy numbers of prizes. I’ll throw in a copy of my book, Plastic-Free, as well. Here’s all you have to do:
- Challenge ends July 31, 2014. Form must be filled out & filled out HERE (it’s short)
- Switch one thing either within your household or your place of business within the month of July that helps to reduce plastic use. Then post a picture to BALM! Baby’s FB page. (facebook.com/balmbaby)
- Make sure you ALSO enter the GIVEAWAY via Rafflecopter.
- Prizes include: $100 Gift Card to be used at their online shop (taylorspureandnatural.com) * Glass Dharma $25 Gift Card * Pura $50 Gift Pack * SmartBottoms AIO Cloth Diaper (One Size ORGANIC) * Irresistibly Green $25 Gift Card * Life Without Plastic Stainless Steel Popsicle Mold set * Best Bottoms Shell & Inserts * Planet Wise Snack Pack Set * Brinware Plate Set * Imagine One Size Pocket Diaper 2 Pack * Rescued Rumps BreastFeeding Tshirt * Kissed by the Moon Tea Collection item + BALM! Baby SUN! * Little Flock of Horrors “The Boss Bodysuit” (Merino Wool!) * PLUS Stay tuned for MORE!
WHY Take the Challenge?
Most people are unaware that plastic is a huge issue, not just to our planet, but our health.
Our Planet: Plastic will NEVER break down. 2oz. of plastic will ALWAYS be 2oz. of plastic & can only be down-cycled / up-cycled so many times.
Our Health: When plastic is used for food or skin care containers, there are health concerns because plastic can leech, especially when warmed up,making even natural products become full of toxic chemicals, and therfore, no longer natural.
Get Informed! Be Part of the solution!
* Switch items with plastic material to more sustainable materials (glass, stainless steel, wood, clay, fabric, aluminum, etc.)
* Buy some re-usable stainless steel or glass water bottles instead of plastic ones.
* Buy some re-usuable stainless steel or glass food containers.
* Buy in BULK, taking your re-usable containers in to fill up. I LOVE this bc I don’t have to transfer my bulk items to containers after I get home..I just unload from the car straight into the pantry…reduces time!
Feel free to switch as MANY things as you’d like (just don’t overwhelm yourselves!).