Welcome. I'm Beth Terry, an accountant from Oakland, Calif. In 2007, I unexpectedly found myself an activist, author, and public speaker after learning about the devastating effects of plastic pollution and my own plastic footprint. This site has evolved from a simple blog (formerly known as "Fake Plastic Fish") to a comprehensive resource on plastic-free living. Please explore, join a challenge, ask questions, subscribe. Together, we can change the world.
Recent Blog Posts
Read the Book
Plastic-Free: How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too
NEW updated version with foreword by musician Jack Johnson. Available NOW in beautiful 4-color trade paperback, original hardback, digital, or audio version (read by Beth Terry).
There are no upcoming events.
Take the Challenge!
Do You Know Your Plastic Footprint?
Join participants around the world in the "Show Your Plastic Trash" Challenge! No guilt. Just education.
Join the Discussion
Most recent posts from the forum...
- Beth Terry on Neighbours putting their garbage on my curbPut a note explaining why you have so little trash and how they can do the same! And yes, tell them not to dump in your bin. ☺
- Beth Terry on How to Freeze Meat - Plastic-free??I use airtight stainless steel containers from Life Without Plastic. http://www.lifewithoutplastic......ectangular airtight stainless
- blow-in on Any electric kettles with plastic free interior?https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/kambrook-15l-bpa-free-glass-kettle-kke760clr?CAWELAID=620013790000401671&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=21711629366&CAT
- amanjot on Any electric kettles with plastic free interior?I've been searching this thread & many on Amazon in my goal of finding a plastic free kettle. My wife found one, it's the Secura Electri
- Bob on Spray BottlesCoolrunner Small Glass Potted Spray Bottle Pot Copper Watering Pot Retro Gardening Tool Succulents https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FVWCWY8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp
- kapoorplastics on What is the Diffrance between polycabonate sheets and acrylic sheets?What are the basic differences of acrylic sheets (cell cast and extruded) and polycarbonate sheets (used in domelights and skylights etc.)? A cleare
- Joy on Any electric kettles with plastic free interior?http://www.chantal.com/stainle.....ettle.html Such a pretty ekettle and it has a plastic free interior!
- Val from Toronto on Neighbours putting their garbage on my curbI was hoping that my reasonably successful efforts to reduce the garbage my family and I send to land fill via our curb side pickup might get noticed
- Vivienne on Food/Water Storage with Steel Allergy?You might consider Le Parfait glass jars (or similar brands?)
- veevee123 on development of 201 stainless steel200 series stainless steel in World War II, as a substitute for 300 series stainless steel in the United States developed the first success. At that t
Read more posts...
My Plastic-Free Life Videos
Here are my top 100 steps to get started on a plastic-free journey. Choose a few to begin with. Don't try to do it all at once!
1. Carry reusable shopping bags.
2. Give up bottled water.
3. Shop your local farmers market.
4. Say no to plastic produce bags.
5. Buy from bulk bins as often as possible.
6. Cut out sodas, juices, and all other plastic-bottled beverages.
7. Buy fresh bread that comes in either paper bags or no bags.
8. Return containers for berries, cherry tomatoes, etc. to the farmer’s market to be reused.
9. Bring your own container for meat and prepared foods.
10. Choose milk in returnable glass bottles.
Read the rest here.