Location:Bellevue, Washington, United States
I live in a 2 -bedroom condo with my husband in Bellevue, Washington. (No kids, no pets…) We gave up orange juice and soup in a box from this week. We switched milk in a box to milk in a glass jar.
List of plastic items REFUSED this week. (Yay!)
- Plastic bags
Total items collected: 22
- 1 chicken stock box
- 2 Shopping bubble wraps (to UPS store)
- 1 air bag (to UPS store)
- 2 Delivery box tapes
- 1 Delivery bag, and 1 item bag,
- 1 Bubble padded envelope
- 2 Shipping box tape, 1 shipping bag, 1 product bag
- 1 Beets tie, 1 beans bag, 1 Salami wrap
- 2 Glass bottle cap wrappers
- 1 Soup box 1 inner seal
- 1 Milk bottle cap, 1 ring
- 3 Q-tips (I found the handle was plastic!)
- 1 Plastic window from pasta box
What items can I easily replace with plastic free or less plastic alternatives?
What items would I be willing to give up if a plastic free alternative doesn’t exist?
What items are essential and seem to have no plastic-free alternative?
What lifestyle change(s) might be necessary to reduce my plastic consumption?
What one plastic item am I willing to give up or replace this week?
What other conclusions, if any, can I draw?