|Prev:« Plastic Challenge: Beth Terry, Week 12||Next:Plastic Challenge: sandy, Week 8 »|
Location:Oakland, California, United States
Name: Beth Terry
I am the founder of MyPlasticfreeLife.com and have been collecting my plastic and attempting to live as plastic-free as possible since June of 2007.
See my previous years’ tallies at:
List of plastic items REFUSED this week. (Yay!)
1) Plastic grocery/shopping bags — bring my own reusable bags wherever I go
2) Produce stickers — chose produce without stickers
3) Plastic wine cork — used CorkWatch.org on my mobile phone to find out which wines at Safeway had natural cork stoppers.
4) Bottled water — carried water in my travel mug and filled up at home and at water fountains.
5) Plastic straw — Had dinner with Michelle Hill from Bag It, and made sure to order our drinks with no straw!
6) Plastic condiment cup — asked a waiter whether a dipping sauce would come in a plastic cup or a ceramic one. He said, “It can come in whatever you want.” So I asked him to bring it to me in a little bowl, and he did.
Total items collected: 2
Total weight: under .1 ounces (for calc purposes let’s just say .04 ounces.)
2 plastic envelope windows. Read about what envelope windows are made from here:
What items can I easily replace with plastic free or less plastic alternatives?
None. These particular envelopes were unavoidable.