|Prev:« Plastic Challenge: sandy, Week 8||Next:Plastic Challenge: Beth Terry, Week 15 »|
Location:Oakland, California, United States
Name: Beth Terry
I am the founder of MyPlasticfreeLife.com and have been collecting my plastic and attempting to live as plastic-free as possible since June of 2007.
See my previous years’ tallies at:
List of plastic items REFUSED this week. (Yay!)
1) Plastic grocery/shopping bags — bring my own reusable bags wherever I go
2) Produce bags and produce stickers — Shopped at the farmers market with my own bags and container.
3) Plastic bulk bags – brought my own bags and containers to Whole Foods bulk bins.
4) Bottled water — carried water in my travel mug and filled up at home and at water fountains.
5) Disposable cup — got tea from cafe in my travel mug
Total items collected: 2
Total weight: under .1 ounces (for calc purposes let’s just say .04 ounces.
1) plastic envelope window. Read what envelope windows are made from here:
2) tear strip from a cardboard mailer
What items can I easily replace with plastic free or less plastic alternatives?
What other conclusions, if any, can I draw?
This week, I was on a totally raw vegan diet. All produce and some nuts and legumes. It’s even easier to be plastic-free because all my food comes from either the farmers market or bulk bins. The diet will continue for another week. After that, maybe I’ll just stay vegan forever, if not totally raw.