May 24, 2012

Kicking the Plastic Addiction Video Promo

I’ve gone commercial!  Well, no I didn’t. But I did make a commercial. Okay, not exactly. Filmmaker Alec Bernal just finished making me an awesome YouTube video promo for my book Plastic-Free. All I did was show up… and bring along the plastic sea monster.  Check out the transformation…

Feel free to share this video and embed on your own website if you want to.

Happy Thursday!

You might also enjoy...

ECOlunchbox - Green and Healthy Lunchboxes for People & Planet

I only post ads for products I use myself. Your support helps to fund my plastic-free mission.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
14 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
GreenDiva
9 years ago

Beth, You made it to the front page of Treehugger. You are truly a rockstar!:-) Congratulations!

Kanna Jones
9 years ago

Bravo, Beth! Brilliant!!!! You are THE BEST!
from Trash Zombie

Stephanie Moram
9 years ago

You are so cute, Beth. I love this video! :)

Islem
9 years ago

Beth, My son and I saw the movie Bag it yesterday and it shook us to the core. We are angry and in complete disbelief about how far we’ve gone in being careless about our consumption. My heart is still pounding, so is my son’s who is almost 18 years old.

I’ve been trying for years to use as little plastic as possible for health reasons (I suffered from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome years ago), mostly with things that had to do with food. But we still used plastic bags for groceries and would reuse to pick up our dogs’ “mess”. In the meanwhile having a ton of wonderful canvas bags in our utility closet and access to old newspapers for our doggy messes. We are taking this all the way… this year had already embarked on a journey to minimalism, and now NO MORE PLASTIC! No more! My husband is on board too!

If we had seen this documentary earlier, my son, who is about to become and Eagle Scout, would have done an awareness campaign for his required Eagle service. He does have a restoration project at a park in NYC, removing garbage – guess what? – plastic-everything from neglected park grounds. It’s is terrible. While this great, it will get all trashed up again. The solution would have been to bring awareness about our plastic consumption. We’re trying to find a way to incorporate this into his existing project.

Thank you for all that you are doing! Enjoy your blog a lot, but now I’m going to read it even more!

I’m considering writing up a blog to talk about our journey to minimalism and trying live plastic free, among many other things we’d like to do. It will also serve to hold us accountable each day to what we do!

Reply to  Islem

Islem, please do let us know the web address of your new blog when you create it so I can link to it on the Blog Roll page.

AmberStrocel
9 years ago

I love that video! So great. :)

Nancy Nathan Baldwin
9 years ago

LOVE IT!! Totally sharing!

Suzanne Meyer
9 years ago

Great video, Thanks Beth.

Suzanne Meyer
9 years ago

Great video, Thanks Beth.

MargoS

You totally rocked it!

abzarndt
9 years ago

Love it! I’m posting it on my facebook page now!

nancyn

Love it!

lorialper
9 years ago

Beth you rock. Nough said!

EcoCatLady
9 years ago

OMG – you totally crack me up with the plastic sea monster stuff!