To add a new topic: Decide which category it will be (plastic-free alternatives, plastic news, rants, etc.) and click on that category. Then, you will see the “New Topic” button at the top right of the section for that category.
Registration: For security reasons, it is no longer possible to register as a user. If you had previously registered, you will now be browsing and posting as a Guest. All posts will wait for moderation before being posted. If you have any questions, please contact me.
I am a new graduate from Atlanta who moved to New York City (Manhattan) and the sheer amount of plastic consumption sickens me everyday. While I have cut down plastic drastically in my life I want raise awareness. I want to learn more about how plastic is recycled in the city, explore alternatives and implement some ideas to reduce plastic consumption.
1) Make 250 restaurants go straw free in 2018
2) Find out how we can ban plastic bags in the city.
3) Encourage water fountains or work on creating a map to help people find it. (I think someone is already working on it)
4) Go to recycling plants and learn more.
5) Talk to corporations and educate people
6) Talk to school kids and educate them!
And a million other ideas.
Now, first I want to be find people who passionately hate plastic like I do, brainstorm for viable solutions and join me so we can make a difference. Or as Beth said..give it a damned good try.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We might make a good community out of this too! :)
Guest Posters: 578
Most Users Ever Online: 320
Currently Browsing this Page: