Beth Terry's New Book Issues | Plastic-Free Discussion Board

sp_TopicIcon
Beth Terry's New Book Issues
sweetie3235
July 24, 2012 - 1:30 pm

I’m reading your book on an iPhone with the nook application.  I’ve gotten to the part where you have the chart of plastics 1-7.  However, it gets cut off and I can’t read past the size of the screen (doesn’t matter if I have it tilted horizontally or vertically).  More words show up if the screen is vertical but stop mid-sentence.

Is there a way around this, or is this chart available somewhere else on your site?

Thank you!

397 Posts
(Offline)
July 24, 2012 - 1:34 pm

Oh no!  What format is your ebook?  Is it NOOK, Kindle, ePub?

sweetie3235
July 24, 2012 - 1:52 pm
397 Posts
(Offline)
July 24, 2012 - 2:15 pm

Can you please do me a favor and let me know if any of the other charts are not working?

Check the list of 3rd party certifications for bio-plastics in Chapter 5.  In the hardback book, it is on page 162-164.  It’s at the end of Chapter 5.  Just wondering how that one looks.

Also, what about the worksheets at the end of the chapters?

Before I check with my publisher on what to do about it, I would like to know if it’s not working in any other sections.

Another thing you could do is ask B&N for a refund and buy the Kindle version from Amazon.  I’m pretty sure the Kindle version works well on iPhone,  but I can check with a friend of mine who downloaded that one to make sure.  I know she read it on her iPhone and never mentioned any problems.

sweetie3235
July 24, 2012 - 2:23 pm

I can’t read the entire Biodegradable Products Institute column in Chapter 5.  However the worksheets at the end of the chapters (checked 1 and 5), are there.

Thanks for looking into it and I’ll see about the Kindle version.

397 Posts
(Offline)
July 25, 2012 - 9:39 pm

Hi again.  So I checked with my friend, and she said that using the Kindle app on her iPhone, there is a black arrow in a blue box that you have to touch to scroll down the chart and see each item separately.  She can see all the words when she does that.  Same for the chart on Chapter 5, you can see everything if you touch the arrow.

Can you check and see if there is an arrow in the NOOK version?

sweetie3235
July 25, 2012 - 10:37 pm

Hello ;)

There isn’t an arrow. However there is a footnote number (41) on the first plastic type that if I touch it brings me to the appendix where I can highlight and copy the URL to open the actual PDF chart. It’s a work around and actually gave me more information.

There isn’t a footnote number on the chapter 5 chart, but you did cite the website so I can just do my own research about the Biodegradable Products Institute myself.

Thanks for looking into it for me. Hopefully Nook can fix this in the future.

397 Posts
(Offline)
July 25, 2012 - 10:47 pm

Can you see the rest of the biodegradable certifications on the chart in chapter 5?  There is the biodegradable products institute, but also European Bioplastics, Vincotte, and others.  Can you see the others?

sweetie3235
July 25, 2012 - 11:18 pm

Yes, the descriptions are short enough that I see the rest of the certifications.

maxconner
December 6, 2013 - 11:12 pm

Make sure that you have the right format, mostly this is just cause by ebook files, but when you use mobi or ePub it will fix the issue. My colleague from http://www.kekacase.com/ refered me that idea.

All RSSShow Stats