I love spreading the word about plastic-free living. Please contact me to arrange an interview.
Featured Radio Interviews
Interviews & Reviews in Publications & Websites
- Westervelt, Amy. "5 Easy Ways to Kick the Plastic Habit." Forbes.com. 15 Aug 2012.
- Brichetto, Joanna. "Kick Plastics From Your Life." BookPage. August 2012.
- Szokan, Nancy. "Book details hazards of radiation; another tells how to steer clear of plastics." Washington Post. 30 July 2012.
- Grayson, Jennifer. "Eco Etiquette: How Do I Store Produce without Plastic?" Huffington Post. 26 July 2012.
- Award: "Best Anti-Plastic Activist: Beth Terry" The East Bay Express. 18 July 2012.
- Main, Emily. "5 Disturbing Facts About Plastic." Rodale.com. 12 July, 2012.
- Bauers, Sandy. "Book of the Week: Beth Terry Goes Plastic-Free." Philly.com. 11 July 2012.
- Haifley, Dan. "Dan Haifley, Our Ocean Backyard: How to curb that ubiquitous plastic." Santa Cruz Sentinel. 7 July 2012.
- Cernansky, Rachel. "It’s even in gum!: Tips on avoiding plastic from expert Beth Terry." Grist. 27 June 2012.
- Alter, Lloyd. "How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too (Book Review).” Treehugger.com. 15 June 2012.
- Royte, Elizabeth. "Beth Terry: Doyenne of Plastic-Free Living." OnEarth blog. 31 May 2012.
- Seltenrich, Nate. "Living Plastic-Free." East Bay Express. 7 Mar 2012.
- Whitney, Conner Middelmann. "Making Your Home A Plastic-free Zone." PsychologyToday.com. 30 Nov 2011.
- Rysavy, Tracy. "Could You Live Plastic-Free?" Green American. Nov/Dec 2011.
- Walters, Tiara. "Sack the Bag." Sunday Times (Johannesburg, South Africa). 24 July 2011.
- Weeks, Linton. "Pumped Up: Are Americans Addicted to Oil?" NPR.org. 20 May 2011.
- Miller, Elizabeth. "A Life Less Plastic." Boulder Weekly. 5 May 2011.
- Renner, Serena. "From Micro to Macro: 2011 Eco Awards." Diablo Magazine. May 2011.
- Harsch, Becca and Stone, Stephanie. "Plastic Pollution." MetropolisMag.com. 26 Apr 2011.
- Metzgar, Eric Daniel. "The Connection Was Made: An Interview with Beth Terry, the Plastic-Free Woman." Linewaiters' Gazette: Official Newsletter of the Park Slope Food Coop. 7 Apr 2011.
- Renner, Serena. "Plastic Trash Talk." Diablo Magazine Online. Apr 2011.
- Bernstein, Stephanie. "Take the Plastic Challenge." YogaJournal.com. 30 Dec 2010.
- Masterson, Miles. "Fake Plastic Sea." Huck Magazine Issue #021. 10 Jun 2010.
- Wilson, Stiv. "Beth Terry Bursts Your Bubble: You're Chewing on Plastic." GOOD. 9 Jun 2010.
- Negroni, Christine. "Leaving the Trash Behind." NY Times. 23 Feb 2010.
- Locks, Jesse. "See Jane Do: No More Plastic -- Are You Up to the Challenge?" The Union. 27 Sep 2009.
- Gammon, Robert. "The Blogger and the Bleach Company." East Bay Express. 11-17 Feb 2009.
- Bauers, Sandy. "She Wants to Say 2 Words: No Plastics." (PDF) Philadelphia Inquirer. 9 Feb 2009.
- Bauers, Sandy. "Purging the Plastics." Philly.com. 9 Feb 2009.
- Ecklund, Eileen. "Blogging for Fishes Sake." California Coast & Ocean. Volume 24, No. 4. Winter 2008-2009.
- Tsouderos, Trine, "A Life Without Plastics?" Chicago Tribune. 27 Dec 2008.
- Frazier, Mya, "Pressure is on to Recycle Water Filters." NY Times. 5 Oct 2008.
- Warth, Matthew, "'Garblogger' comes up with toothbrush alternative." The New Zealand Herald. 15 Jul 2008.
- Sistek, Hanna, "Clorox on Brita Cartridge Recycling: Not So Easy." cNet News. 24 Jun 2008.
- Wenzel, Elsa. "EcoBloggers Bring the Landfill Home." cNet News. 7 Feb 2008.
- Plastiki: Across the Pacific on Plastic: An Adventure to Save Our Oceans
by David de Rothschild. Chronicle Books, 2011. Explorer and eco-TV host David de Rothschild recounts the journey of the Plastiki, a catamaran built from recycled plastic, to bring awareness to the plight of the oceans.
- Plastic: A Toxic Love Story
by Susan Freinkel. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2011. A comprehensive and engaging history of the promises and problems of plastics. Read my review.
- Plastic Ocean: How a Sea Captain’s Chance Discovery Launched a Determined Quest to Save the Oceans
by Charles Moore. Avery, 2011. Captain Moore’s amazing adventure in discovering the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, told in his own words.
- Stepping Up: How Taking Responsibility Changes Everything by John Izzo. Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2012. Stepping Up argues that almost every problem, from personal difficulties and business challenges to social issues, can be solved if all of us look to ourselves to create change rather than looking to others. Page 32 mentions Beth Terry's work.
- No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think about Power by Gloria Feld. Seal Press, 2010. Through interviews, historical perspective, and anecdotes, feminist icon Gloria Feldt examines why barriers to gender equality still exist in American society and discusses how to break them down through organized efforts using movement-building principles. Feldt includes Beth Terry's Take Back The Filter campaign as an example.