Welcome. I'm Beth Terry, an accountant from Oakland, Calif. In 2007, I unexpectedly found myself an activist, author, and public speaker after learning about the devastating effects of plastic pollution and my own plastic footprint. This site has evolved from a simple blog (formerly known as "Fake Plastic Fish") to a comprehensive resource on plastic-free living. Please explore, join a challenge, ask questions, subscribe. Together, we can change the world.
Recent Blog Posts
Read the Book
Plastic-Free: How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too
NEW updated version with foreword by musician Jack Johnson. Available NOW in beautiful 4-color trade paperback, original hardback, digital, or audio version (read by Beth Terry).
There are no upcoming events.
Take the Challenge!
Do You Know Your Plastic Footprint?
Join participants around the world in the "Show Your Plastic Trash" Challenge! No guilt. Just education.
Join the Discussion
Most recent posts from the forum...
- kapoorplastics on What is the Diffrance between polycabonate sheets and acrylic sheets?What are the basic differences of acrylic sheets (cell cast and extruded) and polycarbonate sheets (used in domelights and skylights etc.)? A cleare
- Joy on Any electric kettles with plastic free interior?http://www.chantal.com/stainle.....ettle.html Such a pretty ekettle and it has a plastic free interior!
- Val from Toronto on Neighbours putting their garbage on my curbI was hoping that my reasonably successful efforts to reduce the garbage my family and I send to land fill via our curb side pickup might get noticed
- Vivienne on Food/Water Storage with Steel Allergy?You might consider Le Parfait glass jars (or similar brands?)
- veevee123 on development of 201 stainless steel200 series stainless steel in World War II, as a substitute for 300 series stainless steel in the United States developed the first success. At that t
- katieincognito on How to Freeze Meat - Plastic-free??Hi All, I'm looking for some methods of freezing individual portions of raw meat, without the use of plastic, for long periods of time (3+ mon
- Lori on waxed cloth (replacement for plastic wrap)Hi All, I read to the bottom expecting to see this link to a recipe for the quantities of beeswax, jojoba & rosin. Happy to share: http://www.momm
- dorothee on Animal fat in plastic bagsThanks a lot !
- Beth Terry on Animal fat in plastic bagsIt seems like it is. Here are a couple of links: http://nfscfaculty.tamu.edu/ta.....21-Chapter 21 Fats and Oils from Animals.pdf http://www.persistenc
- dorothee on Animal fat in plastic bagsHello, As you may know I am doing Environmental Illustrations with the I Spy A Bag project on FB, instagram & twitter. I am in NYC and currently
Read more posts...
My Plastic-Free Life Videos
Here are my top 100 steps to get started on a plastic-free journey. Choose a few to begin with. Don't try to do it all at once!
1. Carry reusable shopping bags.
2. Give up bottled water.
3. Shop your local farmers market.
4. Say no to plastic produce bags.
5. Buy from bulk bins as often as possible.
6. Cut out sodas, juices, and all other plastic-bottled beverages.
7. Buy fresh bread that comes in either paper bags or no bags.
8. Return containers for berries, cherry tomatoes, etc. to the farmer’s market to be reused.
9. Bring your own container for meat and prepared foods.
10. Choose milk in returnable glass bottles.
Read the rest here.