|Prev:« Plastic Challenge: Valerie Teruel, Week 4||Next:Plastic Challenge: Beth Terry, Week 13 »|
Location:Oakland, California, United States
Name: Beth Terry
I am the founder of MyPlasticfreeLife.com and have been collecting my plastic and attempting to live as plastic-free as possible since June of 2007.
See my previous years’ tallies at:
List of plastic items REFUSED this week. (Yay!)
1) Plastic grocery/shopping bags — bring my own reusable bags wherever I go
2) Bottled water — carried water in my travel mug and filled up at home, at water fountains, and at self-serve soda fountains
3) Produce stickers — chose produce without stickers
4) Straws — Refused them at Saturn Cafe
5) Take out food packaging — I put my leftover mac & cheese from Saturn Cafe into my travel mug because I had forgotten to bring a food container! This is not the first time my travel mug has substituted for a tiffin.
Total items collected: 1
Total weight: .1 oz
1) Cap from a glass bottle of Everclear used for cleaning (and occasionally sipping.) Caps-n-Cups will accept all plastic caps, no matter what kind of plastic, to downcycle into secondary products. CapsCanDo will accept most plastic caps.
What items can I easily replace with plastic free or less plastic alternatives?
What items would I be willing to give up if a plastic free alternative doesn’t exist?