Location: San Francisco, CA, United States
List of plastic items REFUSED this week. (Yay!)
Plastic Water Bottles
Total items collected: 14
1. Fast Food Container – 5 – it gets turned into something else
2. Hot Cheetos Puffcorn- unsure – destroyed or burned
3. Shampoo Bottle – 1 – gets turned into something smaller
4. Pantene Shampoo Bottle – 1 – gets turned into something smaller
5. Milk Gallon – 2 – gets turned into something else
6. Straw – unsure – destroyed or burned
7. Straw – unsure – destroyed or burned
8. Straw wrap – unsure – destroyed or burned
9.Cherry Coke – 1 – gets turned into something smaller
10. Sobe Green Tea – 1 – gets turned into something smaller
11.Styrafoam Bowl – 6 – gets turned into something else
12. Kimchi Noodles Bowl – unsure – gets turned into something else
13. Yan Yan container – unsure – destroyed
14. Garlic Toast Packaging – unsure – destroyed or burned
What items can I easily replace with plastic free or less plastic alternatives?
I can easily replace all the bottled items with glass containers
What items would I be willing to give up if a plastic free alternative doesn’t exist?
The Kimchi Noodles, the Yan Yans, and the garlic toast
What items are essential and seem to have no plastic-free alternative?
I think all my items can have alternatives.
What lifestyle change(s) might be necessary to reduce my plastic consumption?
What one plastic item am I willing to give up or replace this week?
What other conclusions, if any, can I draw?