Plastic used this week but purchased before the plastic project began:
- 1 bottle of Gulden’s spicy brown mustard. Wow. We’ve had this one for a long, long time. And as I wrote in my last post, I’m going to replace it with homemade mustard so as to avoid a new bottle. Will post the recipe and photos when it’s done! Oh, and no lid included in the tally because while the container is plastic, its lid is metal. It will go in with my metal recycling.
New plastic waste:
- Spectrum canola oil pull tab & neck wrapper. The bottle of canola oil is glass. The cap and wrapper are plastic.
- Frontier Fair Trade Vanilla bottle label. The bottle is glass but the label is totally plastic.
- Plastic tag hanger from a new set of metal measuring spoons.
- Bandaid from pricked finger.
- 4 plastic envelope windows. ING Direct, Safeco Insurance, credit card company, and Financial West Group. I think I’ve been doing a pretty good job of removing myself from mailing lists, but these still linger.