July 14, 2007
Tina, eat the plastic food!
Another sleepless night. Another wacky “art” project. Meet Tina. Tina’s tummy is full of plastic bags. And that’s okay, because she’s a fake plastic fish. In fact, her whole body is knitted from plastic bags… from the plastic bag “yarn” ball I made the other night. Click on images to see larger.
And remember, plastic bags are not evil. How can they be? They’re just plastic bags. It’s the overproduction of and disposal of them by humans that causes harm to other living things. So here are a few plastic bags that, for the time being, are just hanging out being a fish called Tina.
A Note about leaving comments: I switched to the LifeFyre comment system because it weeds out the hundreds of spam comments I was getting each day and also allows us to respond to individual comments, to "Like" comments, and to link them to social media if we so desire. But if you do not wish to login via social media, you don't have to. You can comment without logging in! Here's how:
- Type your comment in the box.
- Click "Post Comment As" button.
- When the LiveFyre box pops up, type a name, email address, and optional website address in the fields provided.
- Click Next.
- LiveFyre will ask you for a user name and password. But if you don't want to register or use a password, you don't have to. Just click "Post as Guest" which is to the left of the black "Finish" button. Your comment will be saved.
- Please email me if you have questions or problems. This new system is supposed to make it easier for all of us to converse, not harder.