Show your love for that special someone in your life and the ocean on this Valentine’s Day.
Love the Ocean, Use Less Plastic:
1. Bring your reusable bag when you go shopping and/or say “no” when offered a plastic bag.
2. Pick a non-plastic gift to show your love. Really, is plastic the way to say, “I love you”?
3. How about wrapping your gift in a reusable shopping bag?
4. If you live near the ocean, take the time to visit and have a romantic walk on the beach, go surfing, go wildlife watching, or just to watch the sun set. Maybe even take a couple of minutes to pick up some marine debris while you’re there or to even join a beach cleanup that weekend (check your local Surfrider for info: www.surfrider.org).
5. If you go out to dinner, remember to order only sustainable seafood (if you order it at all) and bring your own container for leftovers.
6. Consider donating on behalf of your love to the ocean charity of your choice.
7. Share this event with your friends all over the world to spread the word.
The ocean thanks you and loves you back. ;-)
Feel free to R.S.V.P. on the FaceBook page to show your support for this event. And then forward the invite.
Oh, and Fake Plastic Fish wants to add one more thing to the Valentine’s list: Please use birth control when showing your love. It doesn’t help to save a plastic bag and then bring an unwanted child into the world.
Okay, end of lecture.
P.S. The beautiful tattoo flash was designed by Karen Roze at Sacred Rose Tattoo in Berkeley. I’m thinking I might need to take a little trip over there and add some more ink to my own skin. For the ocean, of course!